Facts about the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, more commonly known as the UK or Britain is a sovereign country situated off the north-western coast of the European mainland. The United Kingdom comprises the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the United Kingdom that shares a land border with another sovereign state—the Republic of Ireland. Apart from this land border, the United Kingdom is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, with the North Sea to the east, the English Channel to the south and the Celtic Sea to the south-west.
The UK has a total nominal GDP of $2.434 trillion, with a per capita GDP of $38,591. Their total nominal GDP is the 6th highest in the world and the 3rd largest economy in Europe. The United Kingdom is also the 8th largest economy concerning purchasing power parity, and they contribute significantly to the world’s economy.
The UK is an economic and cultural hub boasting one of the best and most sought-after standards of living in the world. A diverse, prosperous country with an ideal location.
- A varied and multicultural society represented by large cultural and ethnic communities.
- A superior standard of education, a broad network of state and private schools, and more than 150 universities and higher education institutions.
- One of the best free health care services in the world.
- A member of the G8.
- An unrivalled financial business centre (London).
- An attractive tax regime for high net worth investors classed as “UK resident, non-domicile”.
- The travel mobility and security of a UK passport to more than 165 countries around the world.
The UK Immigrant Investor Program is a system that enables individuals who invest at a higher level to be awarded residency sooner. To qualify for the program, applicants must meet one of the investment options as well as meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be able to speak English to Level B2 CEFR (there are several ways to demonstrate this requirement)
- Applicants must be able to support and accommodate themselves and any dependents without seeking employment (outside of self-employment or business)