Facts about the Commonwealth of Dominica
The Commonwealth of Dominica is one of the most breathtaking islands in the Caribbean, named the Nature Island for its unspoiled natural beauty, a biodiversity hotspot, the island enjoys strong government commitment to protecting its resources and encouraging ecotourism projects. Whale watchers, hikers and scuba divers – nature lovers from around the world head to Dominica to discover the unspoiled beauty of this Caribbean jewel.
Dominica has been called one of the world’s happiest countries to live – this tranquil and safe island is home to a great number of centurions (people over 100 years old) – proof to its positive quality of life.
Dominica is quickly growing into a significant global financial hub and one of the biggest banking centres in the region, with substantial investment made in expanding its offshore banking sector and administrative framework.
• Lifetime citizenship.
• Visa-free access to over 120 countries including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Schengen States.
• Applications are welcomed from all nationalities.
• No requirement to reside in Dominica before or after citizenship is granted.
• Dominica does not require you to renounce your current citizenship, allowing you to hold dual citizenship.
• Applicants can process spouse and additional dependents (dependent children up to 30 years and dependent parents/grandparents over 55 years) as part of a single application.
• The local currency, the Eastern Caribbean Dollar, is pegged to the US dollar, giving you and your business financial benefits and security.
• The Commonwealth of Dominica is a member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), offering the bonus of ease of movement and employment (for skilled nationals) and Duty-Free trading within the 15 Caribbean nations and dependencies.
• The Commonwealth of Dominica is a member of the United Nations and the Commonwealth of Nations.
• No taxes on global income for non-residents.
To be fit for citizenship, the primary applicant must be over 18 years of age and meet all application conditions, including being of good character and sound health.